Only One Day Away!
I’m begging you- PLEASE COME. Even if you’ve never commented on a post once. I want to meet you and say Hi! I know all of our contributors feel the same way. We don’t bite, I swear!
Please Please Please Please Please Come!
Share the Facebook Invite Right Here To Anyone You Think Might Wanna Come Party With Us!
Are You A FOB?
Then you better get your sexy ass down to Cape Ann Giclee For The GMG XMAS Party December 5th! 7PM Til We Burn Down The Neighborhood!
I’m just gonna put this out there that if you consider yourself a FOB you had better show up for our killer OFFICIAL GMG CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!!!!
We’re gonna celebrate it all, Kwanza, spinnin the dradel, all that fun shit!
Saturday, December 5, 2015 – 7 to 11pm (ish)
Cape Ann Giclée
20 Maplewood Avenue
Gloucester, MA 01930
It’s pot-luck and byob
I built this app exclusively as a tool for our lobstermen with a bunch of tools they can use at their fingertips.
Here are some screenshots of the Captain Joe and Sons Lobsterman’s App on my phone and a list of the features-
Contact > Captain Joe & Sons address and contact Info
Call Frank Direct > Dials my partner Frank With a press of the button
Call Joe Direct > Dials me with a press of the button
Marine Forecast > Direct Link To the Latest NOAA Marine Forecast
Mass Bay Buoy > Direct Link To Wind, Wave height At the Mass Bay Buoy
Gloucester Tides > Direct Link To Current Gloucester Harbor Tide Chart
Gloucester MA Radar > One Button Tap For Current Radar
Email > Initiated an email addressed to me
Captain Joe and Sons Blog > A List of the latest posts on the Captain Joe and Sons Blog
Map > Interactive Map Showing Location
Video > The Latest YouTube Videos Featuring Scenes from Captain Joe and Sons
GMG App > A Link to download the latest GMG App
Fisherman David Sutherland of the Orin C died at sea yesterday. Good Morning Gloucester is sending our prayers and condolences to David Sutherland’s family and friends. Read more here.
Check out the GMG Calendar for a Complete Schedule
Leading Ladies: Cynthia Curtis, Anni Melançon, Marty Morgan, Ceramics and Eleanor Fisher, Glass Shard Paintings
Show Dates: December 2, 2015-January 10, 2016
Reception: Sunday December 6, 3-6pm
During Lexington Lights Family Festival in Magnolia
Anni Melançon, OvalVases, 12x10x4D, Stoneware
Cynthia Curtis, Sea Vessel Shell Vase, 15Hx6D, Stoneware
Eleanor Fisher, Elegance, 36×48, Glass Shard Painting
Marty Morgan, Shino Vase, 9x4D, Porcelain
Pottery Pioneers Cynthia Curtis, Anni Melançon and Marty Morgan have fostered the next generations of potters and have created a strong ceramic community on Cape Ann. Their work can be found at numerous dinner tables across the region and beyond. Eleanor Fisher has developed a unique style of applying glass to an entire painting creating radiant color and light. She has been an inspiration for many including her own daughter and Lexicon Gallery owner, Seyrel Williams The Reception takes place during the Lexicon Holiday Arts Festival and Lexington Lights, a day of family holiday events in Magnolia.
read more here > http://www.gloucestertimes.com/lifestyle/revival-of-th-century-farce-written-by-gloucester-playwright/article_f4deb9a9-663c-52cd-92ea-d166f1a2c2b7.html
Many different styles and colors-
You can buy them at Pisces, Savour Wine and Cheese and The Last Resort On Bearskin Neck!
From the online site-
The Wine Trap was born out of a love for lobstering and drinking
No good story ever started with “I had a glass of orange juice” and this one is no different. We are a crafty family with deep roots in fishing that go back to the early 1900s. We love to build and create together. After a few cocktails one evening, we tried to figure out a way to share our passion for the ocean with the world. After several hours of crimping and bending The Wine Trap was born.
Each trap is handmade by our family and friends using authentic lobster trap materials in a fashion similar to the traps we use for fishing.
Although it can be used to gift wine and other spirits, there are so many other uses for The Wine Trap. It can hold LED candles, potpourri, candy etc. And we think it will outwit most squirrels when used as a bird feeder. Hopefully you will find some new ones as well.
There is no better feeling than sharing, so we hope you enjoy and share The Wine Trap with your friends and family.
From our family to yours!!!! Enjoy!!
Clearly the holidays are about 90% about the boys, but I can’t lie, one of my favorite holiday traditions has become Ladies’ Night at Savour Wine and Cheese. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have gone, with the same friends, and I am already looking forward to next year.
First of all the wine selection is extensive and wonderful. In addition, the cheeses that are available are incredible. It is also a perfect destination for a gift for a friend, guest, or dinner host. Each holiday season I have shopped for at least two people on my list at Savour.
Beach Gourmet also operates their primary kitchen out of Savour. It is so fun to chat with them, watch them prepare amazing dishes in their open, exhibition style kitchen, and obviously taste what they serve. They are beyond amazing.
Ladies’ Night brought a wonderful crowd of wine sipping, holiday strolling women who clearly enjoyed sampling the wine, but also continuously expressed how fantastic Savour’s inventory is…and how yummy the food was.
We stayed from 5:30-6:15, shared some laughs, bought some gifts, drank some wine, and then moved on.
Thanks so much to the staff for creating such a lovely evening!
Please read more about Savour Wine and Cheese HERE
and read more about Beach Gourmet HERE
I can build you an android app with many different types of features. I don’t build Apple iOS Apps. Here are some of the types of features that you can have in your very own app that people can download and use on their phone or android tablet to access your content.
- About Feature- The About feature is used to display information about yourself, your company and/or your app. You can show information such as your name, title, description, and links to various sites where your users can find out more!
- Audio Player Feature- The Audio Player Feature allows you to play audio files within the application.
- Contact Feature- Contact features are designed to make it easy for users of your app to get in touch with you. You can decide what contact details to make available, but for the best results, give your users as many choices as possible. Choose from Phone, Email, Website and Address – each is interactive! Users can also easily add your information to their contacts with a single click.
- Email Feature- The Email feature is used to initiate an email message using the end user’s chosen email client with a specific email address, and optional subject and text. This allows users to initiate an email with a single click.
- Facebook Feature- The Facebook feature lets you easily embed a mobile-friendly Facebook page into your app.
- Map Feature- The Map feature lets you display your locations on an interactive map. Your users can then see your address, nearby locations, and even get directions and navigation to your business.
- Phone Feature- The Phone feature is used to display the phone dialer (if available) filled in with a specific telephone number. This allows users to contact you with a single click.
- Photo Gallery Feature- Phone gallery features allow you to include photos in your app.
- Podcast Feature- The Podcast feature displays an iTunes Podcast RSS 2.0 feed in your app. It supports streaming audio over the network and downloading episodes for playback offline.
- Twitter Feature- The Twitter feature allows you to display one of three different twitter timelines. You can choose to: display a specific twitter user’s timeline, a timeline from a list, or a timeline based on a search of the most recent public tweets.
- Website Feature- The Website feature is used to display the contents of a website in your application. It is one of the simplest activities, yet it’s ability to display web content makes it very powerful.
I just updated the Good Morning Gloucester Android App with several new features. Get the GMG App for free here
If you have an idea for your own personal app for you or your business, email me and we can discuss the possibilities!
Here are some screenshots of the GMG App to show you what’s possible-
Our online auction closes December 6th! Eastern Point Day School (EPDS) is auctioning off a number of fun and unique items to raise money for the EPDS Scholarship Fund. This fundraiser was conceived to ensure that ALL families in our greater community have the opportunity of educational options. EPDS is committed to keeping its tuition affordable and providing financial assistance, but we cannot do this without reaching our fundraising goals! If you can… please check it out! Your bids make a difference. We have collected auction items ranging from vacation getaways, theatre tickets, restaurant gift certificates and other unique items guaranteed to delight and surprise a wide variety of tastes. Tell your friends, extended family, and community. Let the bidding begin! Place your bids and if nothing else, please share the link with friends! Want to know more about our school? Eastern Point Day School is truly a community school. We utilize a great number of local resources to significantly enhance a child’s classroom experience, including the Cape Ann YMCA, the Magnolia Library & Community Center, the CATA bus system and the Sawyer Free Library. In turn, our students, families, and faculty are committed to giving back. Community service is an integral part of the Eastern Point Day School experience and volunteerism is encouraged from Preschool through Grade 8. Through service to others we instill a sense of empowerment to make a difference in the world around us.
The DRAWING for our Wine Raffle is happening at Mile Marker One! DECEMBER 9th from 5 pm to 8 pm! Cape Ann Marina Resort is donating 50% of all pool pass sales sold between 5-8pm on Dec 9th to Eastern Point Day School!
This event is open to the public!
Please join us for poolside fun and support this great local school. Come and swim or just hang out by the pool and socialize while the kids swim. No fee for entry. Food and drink is available at the bar in the pool area (food/drink proceeds are not part of the fundraiser). Swimming fees: $12/adult (1-day pass) $10/child 4-7yrs (1-day pass) OR $8 with adult pass purchase Season passes and punch card passes also available! We will be selling wine raffle tickets and drawing the winning raffles at 7pm. Still want to buy raffle tickets? No problem! Tickets are $20 each, 3 for $50 or 7 for $100. You can purchase one through our online auction! https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/buynow.action?id=250668038