Fernando Fills In The Winch Head
Thanks Jeff and Fernando!
Day: September 17, 2013
A Parsons study.. From Lowell Peabody
A little work on Parsons Street… I really liked the idea of a fishing net painting but thought it would be fun to see a real net in place. Bear in mind this concept is definitely not OSHA approved…or in anyway encouraged!! The first shot shows current conditions, the second with the new fishing net in place, and then the third is just an extreme. Now I’ll have to find Bob and show him what I did to his street…
Giant Lobster In Gloucester- Interview With Carol Jackson From American Public Radio
Raising the Roof
A morning walk
Sun Rising Over East Gloucester, Black Sheep, and MarStina
Photos from a foggy September morning sunrise, taken from the Fort, looking towards East Gloucester.
I love filming and photographing around Gloucester all year round, but especially at this time of year when I find the light to be sublime. The moisture in the air provides a gossamer veil that magnifies the supernal quality of light; even the most ordinary of daily activities captured finds added beauty.
Today’s Good Harbor Beach Sunrise
Lanesville Music Fest Next Saturday 9/28 – Perfect for the whole FAMILY!
This just in from Osha Rose & Sara Wester:
The Lanesville Community Center, 8 Vulcan Street in Gloucester, presents our 4th Annual Lanesville Music Festival on Saturday, Sept. 28, from 1:00 to 11:30 pm. (see music lineup here)
The Festival features ten hours of great live music starting outdoors on the grounds from 1-7pm with some of the North Shore’s best musicians covering: bluegrass, traditional and contemporary folk, Celtic, country and blues, jump, jive and boogie. Great food and beverages will be sold by Smokin’ Jim’s BBQ with beer and wine on sale, as well as local crafts and children’s activities. Admission for the daytime music is by donation.
It all continues indoors on our dance floor from 7:30-11:30pm, featuring the great, KBMG band (King, Brown, Mattacks and Ginandes). Advance tickets for the evening dance party are available at Gloucester Music on Main Street and the Plum Cove Grind in Lanesville for $12 until the day of the event. Tickets will be $15 at the door and you can purchase during the daytime music event.
Visit our website: www.lanesvillecommunitycenter.org for more information on the outdoor music lineup and times, as well as directions, parking information and our other upcoming events.
Wednesday’s with Fly Amero ~ Special Guests: Fozzie & Rocky…
Special: Tenderloin Tips over Salad!
Wednesday, September 18th
Special Guests: FOZZIE & ROCKY!
How can you beat this? It’s like having two cute little puppy
dogs… that SING! That’s just not something you see every
day. ~ Fly 🙂
Dinner with Fly Amero: 8 – 11pm
*Each week features a special, invited musical guest
Dave Trooper’s Kitchen…
Tenderloin Tips over Salad – $11.95 (while they last)
Prepared fresh weekly by “Troop”… always good!
Looking forward……to seeing you there! 🙂 ~ Fly
Current State of the Gloucester Fishing Industry
Current State of the Gloucester Fishing Industry
Check out this recent video by Fox News
Lewis Sandler’s Magnolia Library Race Children’s 1K Photo
Sheila Represents in Sicily!
Community Photos 9/17/13
I thought I would share a few photos of the Gloucester Gig Rowers race from Niles Beach this past Sunday. It was a blast and thanks to all who made it happen.
If you are someone who is interested in having a wicked good time rowing with a bunch of great people, check us out at email@example.com. Rowers of every level welcome 🙂
Hi Joey, I had to put the fishing rod down to capture this amazing sunrise this morning. Share if you want to. Paul Spinola
Community Stuff 9/17/13
Backyard Growers has a series of big announcements!
1) Backyard Growers has been selected as the Massachusetts finalist for the Tom’s of Maine “50 States for Good” community giving program for a chance to win $10,000 to support school gardens in Gloucester. Please vote for Backyard Growers at 50StatesforGood.com once a day until October 15! Thanks!
2) In the next two weeks over 1,300 Gloucester elementary school children will harvest fall vegetables from school gardens that they planted back in June. Thank you to the parent-led school garden teams, teachers, principals, food service staff, and of course, kids, who have made it all happen!
3) The application period for the 2014 Backyard Growers season is open! Low- to moderate-income Gloucester residents are encouraged to apply for a limited number of spots. For more information and to download an application go to www.capeannfarmersmarket.org/backyard-growers. Applications are due by Friday, October 11.
4) NEW! Want a garden, but are not income eligible for our program? Participate in our “Get a Garden/Give a Garden” program. When you purchase a garden through Backyard Growers you are also making it possible for a low-income Gloucester family to receive a garden and grow some of their own food. Contact Lara at 978-317-8025 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
5) Welcome Anna! A warm welcome to Anna Swanson, our FoodCorps Service Member who will be serving with Backyard Growers for the year to support our backyard and schoolyard garden initiatives!
Cevicos Medical Mission Needs Our Help!
Missionaries from Holy Family Parish of Cape Ann will be traveling to Cevicos in the Dominican Republic.
Items that are needed for their trip include:
Selsun shampoo ,Baby wipes, Baby lotion (small bottles), Saline nasal spray, Hand sanitizer, Band-aids, Tooth brushes for children & adults, Toothpaste (small tubes), new toys, Clean and gently used clothing for children of all ages. New clothing also welcome., Latex free gloves
If you have items that you would like to donate, please bring them to the Fisher Lobby at
Addison Gilbert Hospital.
A container for these items will be available until October 23.
Thank you for your consideration in helping!