Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healy responded Friday November 10, 2017
- 11/10/2017 Motion for stay under M.R.A.P. 6(a) filed by Maura Healy.
- 11/10/2017 Memorandum of law in support filed for Maura Healy
- 11/10/2017 Record Appendix Volume I filed by Maura Healy
- 11/10/2017 Record Appendix Volume II filed by Maura Healy
- 11/10/2017 IMPOUNDED Record Appendx filed by Maura Healy
- 11/10/2017 Response to Motion to Stay, filed by Tom Patti, Tom Patti Design LLC.8
- 11/102017 Motion to exceed page limit filed for Trustees of Berkshire Musuem by Attorney William Lee.
- 11/10/2017 Opposition to Motion to Stay, filed by Trustees of Berkshire Musuem.
- 11/10/2017 Supplemental Record appendix filed for Trustees of Berkshire Musuem
- 11/10/2017 ORDER: The motion for a stay pending appeal pursuant to Mass. R. App. P. 6(a) from the November 7, 2017, order of the Superior Court denying the request for a preliminary injunction, is allowed. The Attorney General’s Office shall forthwith file a notice of appeal in the Superior Court if it has not already done so. The Attorney General’s Office shall file a status report on or before December 11, 2017, regarding the status of the appeal. (Trainor, J.). Notice/attest/Agostini, J.
- 11/10/2017 ORDER: After reviewing the parties’ submissions, the request for a preliminary injunction prohibiting the defendant, Trustees of the Berkshire Museum from selling, auctioning, or otherwise disposing of any of the artworks that have been listed for auction commencing on November 13, 2017, is allowed. The balance of the risk of irreparable harm to the petitioner and the respondent in light of each party’s chance of success on the merits weighs in favor of the petitioner. Packaging Industries Group, Inc. v. Cheney, 380 Mass. 609, 615-617 (1980). The injunction shall expire on December 11, 2017. Prior to the expiration of the injunction, the Attorney General’s Office may move to extend the injunction with a date certain by which the investigation will be completed. (Trainor, J.). Notice/attest/Agostini, J.
This 11th hour move is not the last word on the case. Stay tuned!
On Monday, November 13, 2017, collectors CAN purchase Martin Johnson Heade’s Crimson Topaz Hummingbirds from Sotheby’s.
But not Norman Rockwell’s Shuffleton’s Barbershop, or any of the Berkshire Museum 40, for now.