Over six weeks I’m posting local history trivia questions from Shaun Goulart’s creative weekly scavenger project for his 9th grade history class at Gloucester High School– except we’ll be one week behind the students’ pace. He explains that the “questions are multi-layered and usually have an image required in the submission. All questions will deal with Gloucester’s local history. I recommended to the students to utilize friends and family so your student may be reaching out to you for help. It is a competition and the prizes will be calculated into the Term 4 grade” for the students.
Mr. Goulart’s LOCAL HISTORY TRIVIA WEEK TWO
WEEK 2 of 6: DEFENDING GLOUCESTER
- Who was the first governor of Massachusetts Bay Colony?
- Go to the location of the fort named after him and take a picture with a member in it.
- During which war did it receive this name?
- Take a picture at Fort Point with the former location of the Coast Guard Aviation Station behind you (must be visible in the picture)
- What was the fort called on Fort Point?
- Name a war it was utilized in.
- From Fort Point go to the location of the seven-gun earthwork battery and barracks in ramparts field. Take a picture with the old towers in the background (do not go on private property)
- Name a war it was utilized in?
- Screenshot Google Earth with all three above locations in it and circle them. Submit the image.
3/14/19 Week One results
3/10/19 Week One trivia questions
7 thoughts on “Week 2 Defending Gloucester | Try Mr. Goulart’s local history trivia for 9th graders at Gloucester High School – good luck!”