Happy Birthday to Nobel Peace Prize Winner, the Dalai Lama. July 6th was the Dalai Lama’s 80th Birthday. This seems a good time to be blogging about ‘peace and compassion.’ For his birthday, the Dalai Lama has asked that people share his ‘8 Lessons.’ Here they are –
8 Lessons on Life from the Dalai Lama (As seen in the Huffington Post.)
- Live life with a free mind and an open heart.
- Practice “universal compassion.”
- Redesign the way we educate.
- Stand up against injustice.
- Make humanity the bottom line of business.
- Always lend a helping hand.
- Play your part in healing the Earth.
- Use your personal power to be a force for good.
‘Loving Kindness Meditation,’ and its Use in Healthcare –
- Treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The results of this pilot study – “overall, loving-kindness meditation appeared safe and acceptable and was…
View original post 306 more words