A snow emergency parking ban will be in effect beginning 6 PM Saturday, January 19 until 12 PM Noon Sunday, January 20. Parking is available at all municipal and school parking lots but it is at your own risk. All vehicles will need to be removed from off street parking areas by noon Sunday, January 20, 2019. Parking enforcement teams will be ticketing and towing immediately following the parking ban which will end at 12 Noon, Sunday, January 20.
All residents and business are reminded that they are responsible for clearing snow from sidewalks adjacent to their property. Please make every effort to shovel out hydrants at, or, near your homes, and please check on your elderly and disabled. Your cooperation during this parking ban is necessary for efficient and safe snow removal efforts.
If you are in danger, call 911 for immediate assistance. Emergency teams are prepared to assist anyone in need so call 911 right away. We remind all to take caution while traveling and to make safety your top priority. Thank you for your assistance and please use 911 for any emergency needs. Stay safe!
National Grid has been preparing for power outages in different areas across the North Shore, including Gloucester. If any outages do occur in your area, it is imperative that they be reported via the National Grid Customer Service or Outage Reporting phone lines as listed below. Every outage phone call that we receive is logged into our outage tracking system and better enables us to pinpoint the location of the issue. The sooner National Grid can identify the location of the issue, the quicker a response can be sent.
REMINDERS/ SAFETY INFORMATION
- Flood safety tips: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/flood-safety-tips
- Storm preparedness and safety information: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/winter-storm-safety-tips
- Power outage preparedness and safety information: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/power-outage-safety-tips
- Safety and preparedness tips for extreme cold: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/extreme-cold-safety-tips
- Winter safety tips for pets: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/winter-pet-safety-tips