Farmer Dave’s CSA vegetable shares begin in 6 weeks. Shares are available for pick-up in two Gloucester locations:
- The Lanesville Community Center on Mondays from 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- The Cape Ann Farmers Market (Stage Fort Park) on Thursdays from 3:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Shares offered include a Vegetable Share, a Fruit Share and a Late Fall Share.
· The Vegetable Share runs for 20 weeks, from mid-June to the end of October, and includes main season vegetables such as lettuce, beets, peppers, sweet corn, eggplant, summer squash, heirloom tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, onions and more. Available in small (one to two adults) and regular size (between five and 20 pounds of produce) shares, the veggie share starts out light with lots of leafy greens and becomes more varied and abundant as the season progresses.
· The Fruit Share, which runs for 13 weeks or morefrom early- to mid-August through the end of October, features blueberries, raspberries, pears, peaches, melons, multiple varieties of apples and more. The Fruit Share is meant for about one or two people, with multiple shares being an option for larger families.
· There is also a Late Fall Share, which runs from the beginning of November for seven weeks and ending in mid-December. Harvest permitting, the Late Fall Share could include Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, winter squash, apples and more.
For more information and to register, visit www.farmerdaves.net or call 978.349.1952.