- Black Friday, November 25. Shop Wicked Deals, Check with individual merchants for their opening time.
- Small Business Saturday, November 26 . Shop Small, Shop Local!
- Gloucester Downtown Holiday Parade. November 27th. Kicks off at State Fish Pier, winds through Main Street , and finishes up at Kent Circle for the Gloucester Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- 49th Ladies Day, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm on December 1st. Shops will be offering specials all day long. Honky Tonk Women have been booked to sing
- Christmas Carolers along Main Street
- Middle Street Walk December 10th Music, Kid’s activities, tours of historic houses and Museums. Hosted by the Middle Street Walk Committee.
- Lobster Trap Tree Lighting – December 10th at 4:30 pm. Hosted by Art Haven.
- 49th Men’s Day, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm December 15th. Main Street business offer refreshments, special discounts and help to make the perfect selection for the special person in your life.
So blessed to be able to walk to sunsets.
| Mayor Greg Verga announces that the City of Gloucester is lifting its ban on all non-essential outdoor water use effective immediately.|
|The City has enforced some form of water ban for several months to protect the City’s water supply and fire protection ability during persistent drought-like conditions. With the watering season coming to an end and the weather turning colder, the City Administration has determined it is no longer necessary to extend restrictions.|
The City’s water capacity remains at just 46 percent, below normal levels for this time of year.
“I want to thank all of our residents for their understanding and cooperation over the past few months regarding the water restrictions. Their actions made a tremendous difference in protecting our water supply and keeping our City safe,” Mayor Verga said. “While restrictions are no longer in place, we want to encourage people to continue to be thoughtful with their water use until our capacity returns to normal levels.”
I love reading the Good Morning Gloucester email every day – thank you! I thought you might be including some local Halloween pics. If so, here’s our “catch of the day” – lobster and crab! Hope you have a fun Halloween.
Make sure to come down and get yours today! Last Lobster Roll Tuesday of the season
147 Thatcher Rd, Gloucester, MA 01930
Star Wars bar. Remember that scene in Star Wars when they’re hanging out in the bar with all the funky characters? Well….
I came across this lovely remembrance draped in autumn leaves at the Seine Field.