|GLOUCESTER – Mayor Greg Verga and Health Director Mary Ellen Rose are pleased to announce that the Gloucester Health Department will be hosting a series of focus groups on youth substance use for community members this October.|
|Focus groups will be split into five, 90-minute sessions. Individuals ages 14 to 18, parents or guardians, teachers, social workers, and those who work with youth are encouraged to attend to discuss and share their experiences with youth substance use.|
|The Gloucester Health Department will collect feedback from the focus groups to inform the Health Department’s strategic planning on topics of youth substance misuse. Focus groups will be held:|
- Monday, Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at YMCA, 7 Gloucester Crossing Road. This session will host parents. Childcare will be provided. (English)
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 3 p.m. at Gloucester High School, 32 Leslie O Johnson Road. This session will host youth ages 14 to 18.
- Thursday, Oct. 6 at 6:30 p.m. at YMCA. This session will host parents. Childcare will be provided. This focus group will be conducted in Spanish only.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 3:30 p.m. at Gloucester High School. This session will host professionals who work with youth.
- Thursday, Oct. 13 at 9 a.m. via zoom. This session will host social workers.
Participants will receive a $40 Target gift card, and food will be provided for in-person focus groups.
|The Gloucester Health Department is hosting these focus groups in collaboration with the Metropolitan Area Planning Council.|
|Individuals who are under 18 years of age must have a signed consent form from a parent or guardian to participate.|
|Community members are encouraged to attend by registering for a focus group here.|
|If you have any questions about the focus groups please contact Gloucester Health Department’s Regional Prevention Director Chelsea Goldstein-Walsh at (978) 325-6623 or firstname.lastname@example.org|