Posted on: February 1, 2021
Feb 1-2, 2021 Winter Storm Notifications and Updates
A snow emergency parking ban will be in effect beginning today at 2 PM, Monday, February 1, and will remain in effect until further notice due to an upcoming winter storm expected to bring heavy wet snow, gusty winds and minor coastal flooding later today through tomorrow.
Parking is available at all municipal and school parking lots but it is at your own risk. Due to the possibility of minor coastal flooding parking will not be available in the lower lot at Gloucester High School.
The City of Gloucester will give residents ample notice when the parking ban is rescinded to allow for the removal of cars from off street parking areas before parking enforcement teams will begin ticketing and towing.
All residents and businesses are reminded that they are responsible for clearing snow from sidewalks adjacent to their property. Please make every effort to shovel out hydrants at, or, near your homes, and please check on your elderly and disabled. Your cooperation during this parking ban is necessary for efficient and safe snow removal efforts.
TRASH AND RECYCLING COLLECTION
Trash will not be collected tomorrow, Tuesday, February 2. Trash collection will resume on Wednesday, February 3 and operate on a holiday schedule/one-day delay the rest of the week.
If you are in danger, call 911 for immediate assistance. Emergency teams are prepared to assist anyone in need so call 911 right away. We remind all to take caution while traveling and to make safety your top priority. Thank you for your assistance and please use 911 for any emergency needs. Stay safe!
National Grid has been preparing for power outages in different areas across the North Shore, including Gloucester. If any outages do occur in your area, it is imperative that they be reported via the National Grid Customer Service or Outage Reporting phone lines as listed below. Every outage phone call that we receive is logged into our outage tracking system and better enables us to pinpoint the location of the issue. The sooner National Grid can identify the location of the issue, the quicker a response can be sent.
- The Customer Service Line is: 1-800-322-3223
- The Outage Reporting Line is: 1-800-465-1212
REMINDERS/ SAFETY INFORMATION
- Flood safety tips: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/flood-safety-tips
- Storm preparedness and safety information: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/winter-storm-safety-tips
- Power outage preparedness and safety information: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/power-outage-safety-tips
- Safety and preparedness tips for extreme cold: http://www.mass.gov/index.php/service-details/extreme-cold-safety-tips
- Winter safety tips for pets: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/winter-pet-safety-tips