More Cape Ann Wellness News http://www.capeannwellness.com
November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Here are some statistics –
- Lung cancer is the #1 cause of cancer death in men and women
- The lung cancer death rate in women has more than doubled over the past 38 years.
- More people die of lung cancer than breast, colon and prostate cancers combined
- Average 5-year survival rate for lung cancer overall is 17%
- Average 5-year survival rate with early detection (at STAGE 1) is more than 90%
- Exposure to radon and other chemicals in the environment can also cause lung cancer.
LungForce Boston Expo – I recently attended the LUNGFORCE Boston Expo to hear medical providers give information about statistics, prevention, screening and treatment. Patients shared…
View original post 665 more words