Karen Ristuben writes-
Hello friends and supporters of The Center at Rocky Neck (our new working title for the former Christian Science Church):
This is a friendly reminder that we will meet at The Center next Wednesday, November 16, at 7 pm.
Since our first community-wide meeting on September 15:
* the Rocky Neck Art Colony voted 55-3 to move forward with next steps toward the building’s purchase, specifically, to conduct a Feasibility Study (est. $10,000) and to pay for the option to purchase the building ($1,000/month for the 2012 calendar year). We are in the process of our initial fundraising drive to collect donations toward those efforts. A convenient Paypal system is now in place at www.rockyneckartcolony.org.
* Jay Paget, the lead administrator for the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Cultural Facilities Grant visited the building and offered support and encouragement through our application process in the upcoming 2012 funding cycle.
* Mayor Kirk conducted her State of the City address at The Center last weekend (photo attached) and again offered her support for the building project, indicating that Community Preservation funding may be available.
* At her fundraiser luncheon yesterday, Rep. Ann Margaret Ferrante enthusiastically discussed the building project as a beacon of cultural economic development for East Gloucester.
* Necessary building improvements are underway by present owners Steve and Kathy Archer.
At Wednesday’s meeting, we’ll discuss:
1. planning and development to date;
2. The Center’s mission and vision;
3. the role of the RNAC and the broader community in The Center’s programming;
4. The Center’s governance and management.
If you have any concerns or questions before the meeting, please feel free to call me or contact any of the other officers of RNAC.
PLEASE come and show your support – we hope to see you there!
Rocky Neck Art Colony