Gloucester Education Foundation Gala Auction at Latitude 43 on December 3, 2011.

GEF Gala Poster as jpeg

Latitude 43 and Alchemy Bistro proudly announces the first annual Gloucester Education Foundation Gala Art Auction at Latitude 43 on Saturday, December 3, 2011 from 6-11pm.
The auction, hosted by Senator Bruce Tarr will go “live” at 9pm and is the season finale to the Alchemy of Art Gallery series, which has promoted local art and helped fund arts in Gloucester Public School District.  Each month a different artist has been featured in the gallery, promoted by the restaurant, had a formal opening and enjoyed 90% of proceeds from the sale of their art through Alchemy with the other 10% going to GEF.  Year one artists included Baraka Berger, Nubar Alexanian, Pattie Sullivan and EJ LeFavour, Christopher Wood and several other talented painters and photographers.
The series has been a wonderful opportunity to help up and coming artist, to host some better know local creatives and to foster arts in youth through the donation to arts in schools through the GEF.  The year-end gala auction further extends that support with 100% of the sale of art by series participants going to GEF.  The live auction will also include four hand painted doors by Gloucester High School students as part of a local artist homage.  Among these are fabulous representations of the works of local masters Winslow Homer, Charles Olson, Edward Hopper and Virginia Lee Burton. 
Works to be auctioned are currently on display at Alchemy Bistro and will be there until December 3rd, when they move to Latitude 43 for main event.
In addition to the auction items, Latitude 43 will offer 10% of dinner proceeds in the dining room to GEF, and the Gloucester Education Foundation has arranged a 50/50 raffle and some terrific student made art gifts for sale for those wanting to come out and support the GEF without participating in the art auction.
The evening will surely be a great way to start the holiday season, a fun place to catch up with parents and faculty, an easy way to support education in our schools and a fun night for all.
Reservations are a good idea, as the night will surely be a busy one.  978-281-0223.
Alchemy would like to extend our Request for Artists and invite local artists who are interested in potentially showing their art at Alchemy to contact us and we will send out our “Guidelines for Consideration” package. Artists to be showcased in 2011 will be contacted by Alchemy. For more information please contact Matt Rose at mattalchemy@gmail.com or at Alchemy at 978-281-3997. 

Leaving a comment rewards the author of this post- add to the discussion here-

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s