Annisquam Village Church Tech Support Coordinator
The AVC Tech Support Coordinator will be a part-time job of approximately 10hrs/week that will require production, editorial and online skills. Familiarity with Apple computers, Final Cut Pro, and Zoom online conferencing software will be needed, and supplemental training will be provided.
The TSC will work with the Pastor and the Music Director in planning and providing the weekly content, in addition to special events at the church. The TSC will coordinate the Tech Support Team of volunteers and report to the pastor.
This position requires availability on Sunday mornings from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and for church holidays and special events as requested.
1. Offer support and guidance for all worship services and church events involving technical production and assistance.
a) Collaborate with the Pastor and Director of Music in the production and development of our worship services, and other gatherings as necessary. In addition to onsite live streaming, this may include actual production of pre-recorded service elements.
b) Operate and oversee our tech systems.
c) Coordinate, schedule, train and supervise the volunteers who assist with tech services.
d) Regularly inventory all the equipment and secure it safely between rehearsals, performances and other events. Organize our storage spaces. Oversee the regular maintenance and repair of equipment, and recommend the purchase or replacement of equipment.
Ongoing tasks include preparing equipment in the sanctuary; performing video and sound checks (including gain settings, monitor mixes, volume settings and the EQ/mixing process); checking all computer and projector equipment; and creating written instructions and processes for other members of the Tech Team. Additionally, adjusting levels as directed during services and events; recording and live streaming services and
events; debriefing and troubleshooting following services and events; storing equipment
and noting maintenance needs; and preparing spaces for next gatherings.
This is a multi-faceted media position for a person who primarily will help prepare
playback materials, and then facilitate the live presentation of the AVC Weekly Service
being presented on Zoom.
A. Preparation will require:
– Downloading and preparing for playback internet materials for the service.
– Possible video shooting of AVC Music live recordings, when it is deemed safe to do
so following Covid restrictions.
– Post Production of AVC Music recordings for service.
– Adding lyrics to hymns, and creating slide shows.
These skills require:
– The ability to be proficient on Apple computers for Video Editing using:
Final Cut Pro.
– The ability to operate and record a Video Camera.
– Operate and set levels on a field audio recorder/Mixer
– Proficiency in Garage Band would be helpful too.
– ** Supplemental training will be provided.
B.Live Streaming will require:
– Managing the Live Zoom feed:
– This will be done remotely during Covid restrictions, then live on site when
restrictions are lifted and public gatherings allowed.
Remote Zoom Service involves:
– Managing the service as a Zoom Co-Host
– Playback (Screen Sharing) of pre-recorded playback elements.
– Recording the Zoom Archive
– Managing screen spotlighting during the interactive portions of the service
with Zoom participants.
– Monitoring the chat channel.
On-Site Zoom service involves:
– Operation and switching of what will eventually become remote controlled
– Live Monitoring/Mix of Audio with wireless audio board and virtual mixer.
– Playback of Pre-recorded segments
– Managing live Zoom interaction
– Recording service archive and uploading archive to Web Master.
– Shutdown and maintaining gear.
We are currently using a temporary production set-up for onsite zoom sessions. When the
permanent installation is in place the job will involve using a simple video switcher, most
likely the Black Magic Design ATEM Mini Pro with fixed PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) cameras and a
wireless Audio board with a virtual mixer. Pre-recorded materials will be played back from
a portable video recorder/player.
Job Type: Part-time
Rate: 20.00-25.00 per hour depending upon experience
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter by Mon. February 8, 2020
to Rev. Sue Koehler-Arsenault at firstname.lastname@example.org