Thursday evening update:
Scottie is still heavily sedated to make sure there is no stress on his brain or spine. CT scans were inconclusive today but will be retaken tomorrow morning.
A huge outpouring of financial support from the community through the Venmo link posted below and administered through the 501c by Patty and Ed Wall has raised 20,000. In addition Warren Waugh and the Lyon Waugh auto group has provided a huge financial assistance to the family. Cape Ann Savings Bank has been wonderful taking in the donations to Scottie’s family at all locations as well.
Scottie’s family and friends are incredibly thankful for the outpouring of support. A special thanks to Scottie’s family, Girlfriend Alison, Stephanie Tashjy, Chris McCarthy, Pat Keating, Senator Tarr’s office, Seth Moulton office who have all been pulling every lever and exhausting every option to get Scottie SAFELY home. The key is to get conclusive reports that he is stable enough to transport. We appreciate all the local businesses that are offering to hold fund raisers and collect money for the family. Scottie is far from out of the woods. There are some businesses that are offering 100% of the proceeds to Scottie’s family such as Cape Ann Lanes. This Sunday.
information to follow.
We will keep you updated as more information becomes available. Huge thanks to all those that have donated. The Better Together Venmo is up to roughly $20000. Warren Group with a huge donation and Bank donations are very strong as well.
Thank you so much. The outpouring of support is what our community is all about.
If you are unaware Scottie is currently in a hospital in Jamaica.
Scottie has suffered multiple injuries and is currently in stable condition but has not regained conciousness. He is heavily sedated to limit any stress on his brain and spine. His condition is currently not clear until testing takes place. Senator Tarr’s office has been contacted and is inititing action in conjuction with Seth Moulton’s office to get a State department representative to him at the hospital ASAP. The Jamiacan tourism Board has also been responsive in confirming Scottie’s location at the hospital.
Costly testing is needed to confirm that Scottie is in a good enough condition to be transferred via med flight to the US. Estimates for the med flight to Miami are coming in at $23,000, and if to Boston $45,000. Currently the family has set up an account at Cape Ann Savings Bank check’s payable to Scottie’s Aunt’s Name “Theresa Bunker” with Scott MacDonald in the memo line.
Cape Ann Savings Bank 109 Main Street Gloucester MA.
This is a tremendous hardship on the family as you can imagine and I know so many people love and support Scottie as he has been such a huge part of our community and always there for so many local organizations and businesses.
Please keep Scottie and his family in your prayers what is needed now is all the positive energy and political will to keep the spotlight on getting Scottie home safely and in good health.
This post has been put together in conjunction with Scottie’s family including his Girlfriend Alison, Father Bernie, Mother Nita, Sister Tammy and Aunt Theresa.
Please no donation is too small and if you can’t get to the bank please reach out and we will make a trip to your house to hand deliver a check on your behalf.
Thank you so much for your support and generosity at this time and we will be sure to keep you all updated.
Again Checks made out to Theresa Bunker, Scott MacDonald in the memo line at the bottom of the check
Delivered to Cape Ann Savings Bank 109 Main Street Gloucester MA.
We can arrange to pick it up and deliver it to the bank for you.
Also Better Together For Cape Ann Facebook group has a Venmo set up and they say they will pledge 100% of the proceeds to Scottie’s Family Link here-