Over six weeks I’m posting local history trivia questions from Shaun Goulart’s creative weekly scavenger project for his 9th grade history class at Gloucester High School– except we’ll be one week behind the students’ pace. He explains that the “questions are multi-layered and usually have an image required in the submission. All questions will deal with Gloucester’s local history. I recommended to the students to utilize friends and family so your student may be reaching out to you for help. It is a competition and the prizes will be calculated into the Term 4 grade” for the students.
Mr. Goulart’s Local History Trivia Scavenger Hunt Week 5 – Police week
Local History Scavenger Hunt Week 5 (3/31)
- What year was there an ordinance to establish a Police department in Gloucester?
- The original building used as a jail prior to 1889 was located on Rogers Block, take a picture of this area present day with a member in it.
- Where was the first Gloucester police station built in 1889, take a picture with a member in it at the location.
- Veterans of what war had a hall for them located on the third floor of the building?
- What year was the present day police station erected? Take a picture of it with a member in it.
- Go to the exterior of the police station and take a picture with an object that would be personal to Mr. Goulart (keyword: Goulart)
- Take a picture with a Gloucester Police officer in uniform.
- Ask the cop: What is the code word for “lunch break” over the radio. Submit the answer.
- For a brief time the “Old Stone Jug” served as a jail, take a picture in front of it with a member in it. What is this building known as?
- Where does the term cop come from?
4/7/19 Week Five Questions – Gloucester Police
4/4/19 Week Four Results
3/14/19 Week One results
3/10/19 Week One trivia questions