“Ruby Wolf” in big script
Cool sign on ground floor space below double orieole windows adorning W.G. Brown building on the 7-11 Pleasant Street side. What’s coming?
The building dates from 1882.
William Glover Brown was born in 1854 and emigrated from Scotland in 1872. He worked in Providence before building a business in Milford which he brought to Main Street in Gloucester in 1885. In five years the William G. Brown & Co drygoods moved to a bigger Main Street space. From Genealogical and Personal Memoirs, ed. William Richard Cutter ©1908 from Harvard College Library collection (digitized by Google), and one ad from Polk’s 1960 directory.