Hey Joey and all you cool cats!The Gloucester Open Space & Recreation Committee is hosting a survey to help us plan and prioritize HOW and WHAT we spend our resources on for the next 10 years!Please take 10 minutes to share your opinions and ideas on beaches, parks, fields, woods, quarries, ball courts, and dog friendly spaces!NOTE: the survey is open to all, including non-residents. Link below!
Thank you so much for posting and sharing!Heidi Wakeman (still here!)
Chairperson, Open Space & Recreation Committee
Open Space & Recreation Committee
The Survey will close on August 6, 2021
Information about the Open Space and Recreation Plan Update for 2021
Presented by MAPC on April 26, 2021
The Open Space and Recreation Committee was formulated to create and implement an Open Space and Recreation Plan for the City which will:
- Ensure the existence, smart use, and access to open space in perpetuity
- Ensure that contiguous areas, functions, and values that depend on them are maintained
- Propose a process for agreements with abutters with shared use/conservation interests for enhancing open space
- Recommend planned city growth and business development in a way that fully contemplates and strives to maintain the functions, values, uses, and vision for open space in Gloucester
- Establish a criteria and process for ceding open space to development or dedicated use
- Promote awareness and use of open spaces through a descriptive inventory of open spaces
The Committee consists of 7 members, each serving a 3-year term. In 2011, the Committee completed an update of the City’s 2011-2017 Open Space and Recreation Plan. The Plan includes a list of beaches, parks, playgrounds, and other open space in the City. The Committee is currently working with City staff and the Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) to complete an update of The Plan for 2021 – 2028.