For six weeks I’ve been posting local history trivia questions from Shaun Goulart’s creative weekly scavenger project for his 9th grade history class at Gloucester High School one week behind the students’ pace.
This is the final week! The questions are posted today and answers posted Thursday. Good luck!
Mr. Goulart’s Local History Scavenger Hunt Week 6 (4/14)
Using Cape Ann Museum Fitz Henry Lane resource: Go to: http://fitzhenrylaneonline.org/historical_material/?section=Maps
Search for Map Title: 1851 Map of the Towns of Gloucester and Rockport (detail of Harbor Village)
Directions for students
- All must be submitted in one Google Slideshow.
- Each slide should include: a picture at each location with a member in it and the name from the list below.
- Each correct image with the written location on the slide is worth 1/2 point
– Duncan’s Point
– Five Pound Island
– Front Street- (present day street sign must be in the picture)
– Middle Street- (present day street sign must be in the picture)
– High Street- (present day street sign must be in the picture)
– Fort Defiance
– Vincent’s Cove
– Town House
– Gloucester House
– 2 Cemeteries (.5 point each)
– Town Landing
– 2 Bowling Alleys (.5 pt each)
– 3 Schools (.5 pt each)
– Train Station (look closely)
– Engine House
– Canal Street
– Cordage Manufacturing
– Beach Street