Art consultant Elizabeth Keithline to present options for the presentation of contemporary public art of all types and discuss best practices.
(Gloucester, MA) –The City of Gloucester and the Gloucester Committee for the Arts will present the first of three meetings on public art policy on Wednesday, September 30th at 7:00 pm at City Hall, 9 Dale Avenue. The meetings will be led by public art consultant Elizabeth Keithline of Wheel Arts Administration. The public is encouraged to attend.In order to formulate how the City of Gloucester’s public art policy can best serve its residents, Keithline and her advisory committee have developed the following questions:
· What is your vision for public art in Gloucester? What would you like to see happen here?
· Do you have any recommendations on how that vision can become a reality?
· Name and/or describe public art in Gloucester that you like or don’t like.
· Do you have any recommendations on how Gloucester can improve its public art processes?
· Do you have any specific recommendations on what a public art policy for Gloucester should contain?
Over the past month, Keithline has interviewed many residents. At the meeting on September 30th, she will report on the results of those interviews, present options for the presentation of contemporary public art of all types and discuss best practices.
On Tuesday, October 30th at 7:00 pm at City Hall, Keithline will present to the Gloucester City Council on regional developments in public art policy and will seek the opinions on various issues such as Percent For Art programs, (for both private developers and municipal initiatives), gifts of art, deaccession, process of selection and decision-making.
Keithline will present her final recommendations at a third public meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 10th at 7:00 pm at City Hall.
For further information on public art: http://www.americansforthearts.org/by-topic/public-art
Contact: Elizabeth Keithline
Wheel Arts Administration