There’s still time to get your holiday on!
Pick #1: The Mayor’s Celebration of Lights
I’ve always thought that spending a few evenings in the city during the holiday season is totally special. Grabbing a nice dinner, maybe getting a bit dressed up, and seeing the holiday lights is a wonderful tradition. By now, you all probably know about BLINK! at Faneuil Hall, but there is also the Mayor’s Celebration!
Running December 17-20, 2015, The Mayor’s Celebration of Lights, Lights of Boston presented by luminARTZ will transform the Dartmouth Street side of the Boston Public Library with 3D projections sharing the message of peace, hope and unity each evening from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., looping every 10 minutes. The light installation is the first of its time in the United States, and is produced by artist Anthony Bastic of AGB Events best known for the Vivid SydneyView more
Candlelight Stroll at Strawberry Banke
Strawbery Banke Museum celebrates the theme of “Winter Pastimes” during the 36th annual Candlelight Stroll, December 5-6, 12-13 and 19-20, 2015. The event takes place from 5 to 9 pm on Saturdays and 4 to 8 pm on Sundays.
Stroll through life in a simpler time as 350 years of American history, winter traditions, and holiday celebrations unfolds around you in New Hampshire’s oldest waterfront neighborhood.
- Historic houses from four centuries with decorations hand-crafted from natural materials
- Hundreds of wood and glass candle boxes lighting the lanes and landscape
- Live music and holiday entertainment for all ages
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Holiday decoration demonstrations
- Traditional barrel making demonstrations
- 18th century holiday hearth cooking
- Tinsmith demonstrations
- Ice skating at Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond, daily December-February.
CLICK HERE FOR MUCH MORE INFORMATION! (and to save time and purchase advanced tickets)
Pick #3: Zoolights at Stone Zoo
ZooLights promises to dazzle visitors of all ages this holiday season. Enter a winter wonderland of tree-lined paths lit by thousands of twinkling lights. Stroll through festively decorated Yukon Creek, home to bald eagles, Canada lynx, reindeer and arctic foxes.
- Meet Stone Zoo’s reindeer up close during nightly photo opportunities.
- Enjoy holiday hot chocolate with the reindeer (see registration and full details below).
- Have your photo taken with Santa (see video below).
- Lights, Camel, Action!
Known as “ships of the desert,” dromedary camels are incredibly adapted to harsh, arid environments. Learn more about these animals and enjoy a camel’s-eye view of ZooLights!
Camel Rides: $10 per person
- Gift Shop Discount on Member Mondays: Members receive an additional 10% discount on all gift shop purchases on Mondays. That’s a 20% savings! Learn more about becoming a member.
For a more comprehensive list of family activities, please visit our friends at North Shore Kid